April 16, 2012

Shabby Storage Ideas


I saw this shabby wooden box over at Shabby 2 Chic a few weeks 
ago and just fell in love!

At first, I made one for decorative purposes only...



This is the first time that I have distressed something with Vaseline and I 
LOVE it!  Shabby 2 Chic gives you complete instructions HERE.
.


Recently, I have started taking some vitamin and supplements to hopefully
help my body get back to pre-40 normal.....is there such a thing?

One thing that has always kept me from taking vitamins is that I hate my kitchen counter
looking like a pharmacy, but if I have the bottles hidden in a cupboard, I never remember to take them.

I thought of my "decorative" shabby wooden holder and decided to
use more scraps in the garage to build a functional, but cute box to hold my vitamins!






One keeps me organized.....



.....and one is just pretty!



How do you keep organization "pretty"?


9 comments:

Shannon Fox said...

Those are both darling. I saw that Vaseline trick, have not tried it though. I'll make sure an pin this so I don't forget ;)

Both look great, but I like the flower filled one a pinch more. lol

Something Nice and Pretty said...

How talented you are, my vitamins were in the cupboard too and I'd forget them, moved them to a desk that I blog at and still forget:) I love both of your boxes especially the decorative one!

Good Time Charlie said...

I love this, I want to make a whole bunch. I just pinned the directions. Thanks for sharing.

PS you can get your pre 40 health back, you just have to work a little harder! Truthfully, I think I feel better in my 40's than I did in my 30's because I am so much better about taking care of myself.

Laurie@The Baking Bookworm said...

Love it. I was looking for a good project to do this weekend. It seems like it would be a great way to practice distressing technique before I try distressing my buffet. :)

Artsy VaVa said...

Love the shabby box!

Roxanne Reinhart said...

Visiting from "Fridays unfolded" I love your boxes (what were they originally) The decorative one is really pretty and the other one definitely keeps the vitamins from looking like clutter. Great job!

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

This makes for such nice decor!!

SayNotSweetAnne said...

JUST this morning I was thinking about how I need to keep my vitamins on the counter so I don't forget. I tiedied the kitchen yesterday, put everything away. Then this morning I forgot my vitamin because it wasn't out. Ugh! Your shabby chic boxes are a GREAT solution! I might even put the different things in different pretty jars (keeping the labels of course) but that might not work for some of the light sensitive ones. Anyway, what a clever use for those lovely boxes! If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by my Sweet Sharing Mondays party! http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-2/

Unknown said...

Darling! These have been on my long list for a long time! I need to bump them up BIG TIME! :) So inspiring! I'm featuring you this weekend!

XO, Aimee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...