January 3, 2012

Kitchen. . . .

So my hubby was walking through the kitchen the other night and said.....I'd 
love to make it so that we can sit around our kitchen island....


BE STILL MY HEART.....those are words I've been waiting to hear.....because in my head 
have B*I*G plans for our kitchen....I've just been waiting for hubby to jump on board....


Because if it were up to me, I'd redo our kitchen island like this....




And rip the cabinet off the walls and add this open shelving...



I'd stack some of the cabinets over the oven....



And then I would make one of the bottom cabinets open like this with baskets....


And it would require PAINTING all of the cabinets white!!!


Baby steps.....baby steps....he's thinking stools, I'm thinking major renovation....

Do you have any projects planned for 2012??






6 comments:

Maury @ Life on Mars said...

Ha! I'm so with you. My husband and I were talking last night about possible projects in the next couple months and he agreed to new countertops. I about burst into song but I was able to contain it. :-) Butcher block counters here I come!!!

Unknown said...

I think the extention at the end of the island looks nice. For me my legs would bump the wood legs or maybe the chairs or stools would impede. But that is ME, jist say'in. I am always happy to hear when one's hubby comes around to a project. :-)

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Ha, men! Sounds like my husband. I want to move my craft room to our spare bedroom, and the bedroom to our craft room. Sound easy, right? Pfft. I guess it requires running a phone line (for our internet), taking apart my craft table, and lots of man power. I think he is trying to deter me, but I will not forget. I am adamant for change and will be persistent gosh darn it! :)

Megan said...

Our project is building our 5 bedroom home BUT I am going to be overseeing the new kitchen especially after I designed it to suit me. My husband still can't understand why I want pendant lights over the breakfast bar that near the sink??? Maybe I should leave them out and see how well he does doing the dishes at night IN THE DARK.....

alex said...

I really agree that the extension looks nice. Your kitchen is nice and much better to others.


____________
kitchen worktops

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

Our project for 2012 is finishing our unfinished basement! It is a big task but I am looking forward to all the extra space having that level finished will provide.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...