October 1, 2011

Salt Scrub . . . .


Hey there
Thrifty Decorating readers. I'm Tiffany over at
Ladycrafter14. I'm pretty new to blogging but
am totally addicted. 



I love to craft, create, photograph, sew, do it myself, and of
course share my obsessions with anyone willing to listen. 



I married the love of my life
 and we have 4 trophies attesting our love: 3 girls and 1 boy. He
farms and ranches and I blog about all the stuff I do

 while he is hard at work.



Thanks to the Lovely Laura at Live.Laugh.Photograph I was inspired to create some salt scrubs of my very own to gift to friends and teachers and what not. Her post is very good and I wanted to give her credit for the inspiration even though I kinda made up my own recipe. Just a dollop of this stuff scrubbed into your hands or feet and then rinsed leaves them silky smooth and smells so yummy!



To begin you'll need EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), lime or lemon juice, coarse salt, some fragrance oil.


The recipe I have found works good is... 5 cups coarse sea salt, 1 cup lime juice, 1 cup EVOO, and 3 tsp of coconut-lime fragrance oil (plus more in the jars)


(Purchased the oil below at Walmart)




Combine the ingredients in a large bowl. If it isn't your desired consistency then add a little more EVOO.




Smells so good..... I lastly spooned the mixture into jelly jars, then added about 1/2 tsp of fragrance oil to top off each jar. I added a little twine and label which you can print HERE. I printed on cardstock and attached to the jar. So charming and so easy! Perfect homemade gift for any occasion and so easy! This recipe filled 9 jelly jars.




Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and recipe. 
For a few other crazy little tutorials click HERE or 
to follow me on Pinterest click HERE.


----------------------------------------------------------


Tiffany also made some gorgeous fall pumpkins....


I love that they are not orange!!

And I'm loving those flower balls!


Tiffany....thanks so much for visiting Thrifty Decorating!



2 comments:

Jackie said...

This sounds so easy. I can't wait to make some for myself. They will also make great Christmas gifts. Thanks for sharing.

Chels said...

Where at Walmart was the oil? I haven't been able to find any at mine, but I'm hoping I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...