September 4, 2011

Sesame Green Beans....


My friend, Cheryl, is an amazing cook.  This summer we had a picnic with her family and she made these green beans....I ate about 4 plate-fulls they are SO yummy!

They are also very easy to make.....


You will need fresh green beans, garlic, sesame seeds and olive oil.


Cut the ends off of your green beans.  At our country market, I got a quart for $1.99...



I don't necessarily like my green beans to be crunchy, so I boiled mine for about 7 minutes.....cook less if you like crunchier beans....



While the beans are boiling, press your garlic.  I don't really like garlic....it was one of the triggers that made me crazy nauseous when I was pregnant....so, I only added one clove.  Add as much as you prefer....



You will want to brown you garlic and sesame seeds in about 2-3 Tablespoons of oil olive.  I just eye-balled my sesame seeds.....I like sesame seeds, so I added a lot...



One word of caution as you cook the sesame seeds....they pop all over your stove top, so have a lid nearby!


Once everything is browned and the beans are cooked, drain the water and add the beans to the seeds and oil....


Healthy and tasty!

7 comments:

Miss Kitty said...

This recipe DOES look easy. Thanks for sharing it...I'm gonna try it soon.

Mrs Happy Homemaker said...

This looks so simple, yet so delicious - I am definitely giving it a try! I would love it if you linked it up on my blog party, Makin' You Crave Monday, over at MrsHappyHomemaker.com!!

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Just picked some more beans from the garden so I may have to try this. Looks delish. I love beans.

Hilary said...

Oh good, I always have a hard time getting my beans to turn out right. I have a bunch of beans in the pantry that I canned last year...I'm going to try your recipe with them! I love your pictures.

Louisa said...

Yum! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

Anonymous said...

I might reccomend using a drip of sesame oil with/or instead of the canola oil to kick up the "sesame" in this recipe. Yum.

Lindsay said...

This looks really good! Yummy, I must try this! Thanks for linking up @ Show & Share!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...