July 11, 2011

Knife Block Makeover


I have been seeing this idea floating around the craft blogs recently, but it was Beckie at Infarrantly Creative that kick-started this project when she offered to send me some vinyl!


So...please don't judge me for my dirt!  Cleaning the knife block is not high on my list of priorities right now!




Step one of this project was to c-l-e-a-n the knifeblock!  I just used fantastic cleaner and dishsoap.




I've really been trying to do projects this summer that don't cost any money.....so, I had some gray primer in my closet and that's what got used!




This spring I redid my kitchen with some beadboard wallpaper and new paint, so I decided to keep my knife block lighter......I had contemplated doing Oil Rubbed Bronze, but changed my mind for the Oregano green that I already had on-hand.



The best part of the whole project beside the fact that it was free??? The vinyl from Beckie! Thanks so much.....I love it!! 



Just another way to add a little "cute" to your kitchen!

19 comments:

Katy said...

I love it! Free crafts are best crafts for sure.

Unknown said...

Love it!! makes me want to redo my knife block!! :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Super, super cute. A nice upgrade!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! thanks for sharing!

iram said...

nice like it :)

Amy said...

Wonderful! I love small DIY projects. The details of a room sometimes make such a big impact.

A Few Pennies said...

Love the new look--I have one of those--now thinking of painting mine too!

Marlee said...

This looks great, I love the green! Great blog, I'm a new follower!



http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com

Amy C said...

OOOH! LOVE this! I recently up-cycled my spice rack and doing this to my knife block would make them match. What a fun idea!

The Stratton Family said...

love your blog! I'm a newcomer! I'd love it if you linked up some of your great ideas to Lovely Little Snippets!
Stefanie
lovelylittlesnippets.blogspot.com

Abby said...

I love this idea! Your upcycled knife block looks fab.

Alison Agnew said...

very cute idea...thanks for sharing it at my place!

alison

Anna & Mikaelah said...

Ok, now I want to do this in my kitchen, too! Don't have any vinyl lettering, but do you think I could modge podge some Cricut-cut paper lettering?

Karen of Little Red House Designs said...

Great project!!

Inspired By June said...

Great job, Nicole! The vinyl lettering is a nice touch!

Anonymous said...

Knife Block Makeover "My wife and I recently had an interesting conversation about the importance of creating a healthy lifestyle. She told me that she was making decisions as to when to take my family back out for dinner, or even if we should head into town before sundown on Sunday evening. My response was something along these lines: 'OK! Human Resource Dissertation help That's great because you're taking care.' No matter what those actions were last night during your son-in law vacation, don't forget why it matters."

Driving School Franshez said...

Affordable driving lessons for learners of all ages and skill levels – book your session with Driving instructor Cudahy today.

sopfiaa said...

I've been looking for trustworthy information about the residency criteria for divorce in New York, and your blog post is just what I needed. It's easy for readers to understand because of your succinct, straightforward explanations and focus on important details. We appreciate you providing such a helpful guide for people going through a divorce.
Nueva York Divorcio Requisitos de Residencia

Elina said...

The effect of DUI checkpoints on traffic safety is thoughtfully explored in your blog. This presents a chance for drivers to pause, consider their actions, and make deliberate choices that will protect everyone on the road. Continue the vital work!
dui checkpoints

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...