February 7, 2011

Ruffle Balls


I saw the idea for a ruffle ball  HERE at Classy Columbus Designs.


Here are the super easy instructions!  This is all that you will need:



Glue gun
Crepe and/or tissue paper
Styrofoam ball from the Dollar Tree




Take your piece of crepe paper and wrap it around your pencil eraser....


Put a dab of hot glue on the end.....press into your styrofoam ball...



It will start to look like this as you fill it in....




I stacked them in my Goodwill Fruit Stand on a burlap runner....



The runner was SO easy to make!  I went to my True Value hardware store and bought a foot of burlap for $0.99.  I got my fabric scraps at the most amazing store....the Gift and Thrift where they sell scraps of fabric for $0.60!!  I just sewed on ruffles.  A tutorial can be found here for the ruffles.....it's just like my shower curtain.

Total cost:   $6.00 for everything!
styrofoam balls:  4 @ $1.00
fabric:  $0.40 if that!
burlap:  $0.99
red crepe paper: $0.50 (I only used half a package)
pink tissue paper:  free...leftover from my Romantic Wreath!


2 comments:

Hi I'm Amanda said...

So cute!

And it looks lovely in your fruit stand that you made over =)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout out! Glad you liked the idea! Love your blog, I'm a new follower!
Alison
Classy Columbus Designs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...