December 17, 2010

Super Easy Peppermint Bark


I am just not a baker.....I try, but it never turns out looking like the picture in the cookbook or blog.....maybe it's because I'm never exact with my measurements???

........but this recipe is one that is difficult to mess up!  (Although I have before!)

Grab a bag of white chocolate chips....



Cover a cookie sheet with wax paper....



Now, the reason I have messed up this recipe is because I have heated the chocolate too hot and that's because I don't have a double boiler.....this time, I decided to put this together for my double boiler...



 It worked great!  You put water in the bottom and the chips in the bowl and you heat the water on LOW.....be patient....don't rush chocolate or it turns to MUD!!........seriously.....well, maybe more like clay.....


While your chocolate is S-L-O-W-L-Y melting, crush up some candy canes (or peppermints)....since we are a classy establishment, we used our good and sturdy hammer....truly, it works better than a rolling pin!



As your chocolate starts to melt, add a spoon-full of Crisco...it makes the chocolate harden nicely and thins it out a little...



When it's melted through like this....


 .....pour onto your waxpaper-lined cookie sheet.



Sprinkle your crushed peppermint on top.....


Grab some yummy dark chocolate and melt in the microwave.....I put it in a coffee cup and melt it in bursts of 15 seconds on high until it is runny....


Drizzle chocolate on the crushed peppermint with a spoon and then refrigerate.....refrigerate about 1 hour or until you remember that you put it in the fridge!!


Once everything has hardened, break into pieces and eat!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...