December 3, 2010

Christmas Wreath....my version

One of the most popular posts has been this wreath.


Well....as I was unpacking the Christmas bins, I found this....



.......and I felt inspired to try to replicate the Poppies at Play wreath....so off to The Dollar Tree and our local Mexican grocery store.....

After about 20 minutes and 2 blisters on my fingers from the hot glue, I had this....
(and I was too lazy/impatient to soak my cornhusks!)




I grabbed a can of silver spraypaint and headed to the garage.......(where I promptly received a lecture from my hubby about how many spraypaint fumes I've been inhaling....really honey, I'm fine!!)




I let it dry for a day....because I had other things to do....


I found some of this silver ribbon at the bottom of another Christmas bin and added it as a hanger.


I added my clear beady stuff, but it looked a little plain, so I grabbed some red beady stuff that I had on my Goodwill picture frame tray.  I bought the red beady stuff at The Dollar Tree.




I just randomly hot glued sprigs here and there....I was probably a little too random because when I hung it up, I realized that they were not as symmetrical as I would have preferred and I had to rip them off.....grrr!!






And the finished product........the flash picked up a husk that wasn't painted well, but in real-life, you can't see it.  I am thinking that I need to raise it a little higher on my old window.



And please ignore the crooked Christmas tree.....they should be sitting on crystal candlesticks from The Dollar Tree.......but The Dollar Tree has been SOLD OUT of those for days......have you crafty people been making the Williams and Sonoma knock off vases and using up all the candlesticks?????

1 comment:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Love it!!! I need to get going on my wreath - hopefully I will finally make it to dollar tree tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...