December 5, 2010

Antiqued Table

I just had to share this picture of the table refinish that my friend, Cheryl did.......all with spraypaint!!



Isn't it just GORGEOUS!!!

Here are her instructions:

"I did it in 3 days and it wasn't all day either. Just a few hours. I primed it with Rustoleum Ultra Cover, sprayed it with Rustoleum Ultra Cover Satin Heirloom White and then attacked it with sand paper. I used Minwax dark walnut stain and just applied it to a small area and then polished it with a rag, wiping most of it off. It really didn't take long at all and it looks kind of like a boy ran into it with an atv and then used it for a tool bench. Hmmm...maybe I should do this to all of the wood in my house so people think it's supposed to be like that!  (She has 3 boys!)  Cost was about $30 or so."  

Spraypaint is amazing!!  (....and isn't her centerpiece adorable!)

(Cheryl followed my instructions for how I refinished my Craig's List kitchen table and chairs if you'd like more detailed directions and photos.)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is amazing!! love it! i have a kitchen set similar to this but the top is laminate and dark brown...i wasn't sure how it might look leaving the top dark brown and painting the rest but after seeing this, i think it would look great!!!! this is my inspiration!!
ty ty ty!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this. I am also a homeschooling mom of three busy boys. I came across your site after googling "images of white refinished tables". We were just given a free oak table from someone at my husbands work, since it seems like a sturdy fit for my active family I want to refinish it to match our decor. This post will be very helpful. Thanks and good luck with the homeschooling my husband and I were both homeschooled as well and are so grateful to be able to do the same with our children.

EmiB said...

I love this!!! What color did you stain the top?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...