November 12, 2010

"Fake" Wainscoating

Okay, so here is my first attempt at a blog. I keep having requests for the blogs that I watch and the ideas that have been inspiring me. First of all----I am not individually creative. Even if you tell me an idea, I will not know how to do it until I see it. I have enjoyed the work of the women before me....paving the way to a creative (yet thrifty!) home.


So here is my first BIG project....creating "fake" wainscoating. Thank you to Thrifty Decor Chic for her tutorials and pictures. You made our hallway possible!

  The whole project cost about $45 because I already had the paint and I realized that I can NOT use a meiter box so I got $8 back from my return!  (Thanks, Dad, for the use of your compound--fire-powered one!)  I also realized that unlike Thrifty Decor Chic, I am TOO cheap to actually make the cuts myself.


After my first corner that I cut too short...I let my hubby take over measuring and cutting.  Thankfully, we were able to salavage that piece!

It took FOREVER to find the molding to make the boxes.  If you go to Lowe's, ask for "base cap."  It's plastic and somewhere in the molding section.  I finally printed a picture and sent it with my husband! 


Overall, I just LOVE it!!  The white added so much light to the hallway.


Now...to enjoy it for the next 2 hours until the dust starts accumulating on it, the scuff marks blackened it's white beauty, and dirty little fingerprints are left behind.....


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...