November 13, 2010

Christmas gift idea: bulletin board

I have to admit that my idea is in no way original....I took it from here.  But I took her idea and adapted it for my niece.

I started with this:

Since we are past the diaper stage (Can I hear a hallelujah!), I requested some boxes from my friend, Kristi. (Thanks!)  Trim your box to your desired size.


Fold the colored sides so that they face each other with the brown sides facing out.  I didn't have spray adhesive, so I just taped all of the sides together and filled in any holes.


I cut a piece of fabric to fit and began gluing.

I then hot glued the material to the box...folding under the edges on the back to give it a more finished look.


Blurry pictures...I know!  I wrapped the corners like a package so when finished, the back should look like this:

And the front like this:

I wanted to add some embellishment to the front, so I made some torn fabric flowers.



A great tutorial for making these can be found here.



Add ribbon to hang and a bow and you're finished!

A wonderfully, inexpensive bullentin board as a Christmas gift for a little girl's room!

I think that I might go and get pink grosgrain ribbon instead.  The yellow just doesn't contrast enough.

And I have a GREAT idea for thumbtacks....but I need to go make a trip to The Dollar Tree!!  I'll show you that later!


1 comment:

Kristi Slattery said...

Beautiful!!! It will be so cute with the thumbtacks. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...